PenPRIG promotes participation by the people of Cornwall and Devon in clinical research into Parkinson’s.
- We arrange for researchers to talk about their work.
- We foster relationships between the research and Parkinson’s communities.
- We maintain a register of local opportunities to participate in research.
- We help you better understand the science of Parkinson’s and how to assess your participation
- We share knowledge and experiences in ordinary language.
The PenPRIG Facebook Group is our news channel and the place for feedback.
The Covid-19 Pandemic’s impact on Clinical Trials has been dramatic, and all research activity has been affected by resources being diverted and the need for new protocols and procedures. It has also affected people’s willingness to visit health institutions unless they are obliged to.
A lot of effort is now being put in to re-starting research activity in our part of the world, particularly where the research is home-based. The first Trial Study to get this treatment is ADepT-PD – Antidepressants And More, now entirely home-based.
We are an independent team of volunteers. The Steering Group includes Chairman Ulli Funken, Secretary Sue Whipps, Treasurer Chris Maycock and Devon Representatives Nigel Coleman and Ian O’Neill. Our work is funded by donations from local people and organisations. We appreciate the support of the organisations and individuals helping us to achieve our aims.
Thank you for visiting our website. Our aim is clear presentation and ease of use bearing in mind some of the symptoms of Parkinson’s, and it is therefore best suited to a PC or tablet. Links (underlined text) will always open in a new browser tab.